MMA: The Reckoning – Orillia – April 2

Date: April 2, 2011
Location: Casino Rama in Orillia, Ontario
Tickets: Casino Rama

Main Event:
Jordan Mein (20-7) vs. Josh Burkman (21-8)

Chris Horodecki (16-3) vs. Dave Castillo (9-2)
Dean Amasinger (7-3) vs. Matt MacGrath (9-5)
Jorge Brito (12-6-1) vs. Jason Young (7-3)
Misha Cirkunov (2-1) vs. Ion Cherdivara (1-0)
Jason Saggo (3-0) vs. Taylor Solomon (2-1)
Joel Powell (1-2) vs. Brandt Dewsbery (5-0-1)

118 Responses to “ MMA: The Reckoning – Orillia – April 2 ”

1. peruvian neckbone says:

tix at the door?

2. weazeld says:

I heard that the commission is scrutinizing everything so harshly; that it is hard to even put the card together. Let em fight!!!!!

3. jim says:

yeah dave mair has something to do with the OAC . He is in conflict beacuse he helps set up the fights in Orillia and they figure they gonna be the only top show in Ontario. Also the gonna try making the rules up as they go so the new shows get cancelled. I think people should ban together and do something possibly dont support orillia show.

“I heard that the commission is scrutinizing everything so harshly”

This is why internet jerkoffs like me have been whining about the side-shows that have passed for entertainment in other parts of the land. It’s imperative the MMA community (yes, that’s EVERYBODY) puts its best foot forward at all times. If this means no Coletti, Ebejer, Bobby K etc. in Ontario, I say good for them.

5. weazeld says:

no wonder you haven’t had any MMA events with this kind of bickering…..way too much politics!!

6. rick says:

i here what you’re saying Jim this mair guy has gotta be stopped

7. jason says:

Yeah i also agree with Jim. Dave mair is just a wrestling coach. He doesnt have any MMA fights or exp doing what he is doing. I feel bad for the new shows trying to promote a fight and all the hard work that goes into making it happen. To me the Orillia guys putting on the shows are bullies. Ken hayashi can kiss my ass.

8. Update: Brandt Dewsbery is taking on Powell.

9. Mort says:

I’m not sure why you guys think there’s something wrong with this show or Dave Mair. What’s the problem here? Not trying to be sarcastic, just curious. The only problem I’ve heard so far is Mair is a wrestling coach, and is involved with the OAC. He’s actually involved with the Canadian Grappling & Striking Sports Council. It’s an advisory committee, separate from the commission as I understand. Maybe I’m wrong about the affiliation. And as I understand it he’s cornered current and former UFC fighters. So I’m a little confused. And what makes this Orillia show a bully show? I feel like I’m missing something.

10. Mort says:

Just another thought while were here. How do these guys feel about MMA: LIVE in London May 19? No names announced yet, but what do you think about the promotion in general? Thoughts?

11. Greg P says:

so there is still no opponent for Mukai Maromo? Arent the weigh-ins tomorrow?

From Facebook:

“No Casino Rama this wknd unfortunately…. Very sad wknd for Mukai!!!” – Mukai Maromo

13. Paul Ebejer says:

It’s nice to see you still haven’t forgot about me Harryballs! Drop my name brother cause my days are done with fighting but still will be much involved with te sport! I agree with some and disagree with others. Let the shows happen and us as fans and the paper pushers will know what shows to stay awayfrom and what shows to really focus on! I agree with HarryBalls this way with the rules we won’t have the keyboard warriors and lop sided match ups. We all knew that Onatrio will be under a microscope during the early stages of the explosions MMA. Time will show who stays and who goes and the hardcore Mma fans and not the UFC fans know witch ones will go and witch ones will stay! Ciao for now folks

14. Paul Ebejer says:

Guys if you new Dave Mair you would know that he is just more then a wrestling coach and he is very much involved with MMA! plus he is stand up guy that WANs to see the sport grow. Not to mention Dave works close with some of the big names out of Ontario and also has involvement with some boys I’n the UFC and other bigger organizations!

15. David Letourneau says:

what happened to caetano?

16. BigBoi says:

LOL – You know you’ve hit rock fuckin’ bottom when Team Tug Job comes to your defense.

17. Sean Quinn says:

You are such a mean spirited little man. No wonder nobody likes you.

18. jason says:

I knew Jason Saggo would win…i won 100 bucks on that pick . Taylor solomons done just another punching bag !!!