CFM 1 Quick Results

Here are the quick results from Cage Fighting Manitoba’s first show, which is being held at the Winnipeg Convention Centre on January 7th, 2011.

Daryle Pinter defeats Jessie Seberg by TKO (Verbal Tap from Leg Kicks) Round 1, 0:17.
Gary Espinar defeats Michael Glover by TKO (Strikes) Round 2, 2:03.
Robert Rende defeats Tang Thongpheng by Submission (Triangle) Round 1, 1:10.
Daniel Mark defeats Louis Fisette by Submission (Arm Bar) Round 2, 4:07.
Chucky Mady defeats Phil Deschambeault by Submission (Triangle) Round 1, 2:53.
David Macmillan defeats Leo Constant by TKO (Strikes) Round 1, 1:05.
Martin Trendota defeats Chris Cunningham by Submission (Guillotine) Round 1, 0:27.
Cory Houston defeats Mike O’Neill by TKO (GnP) Round 1, 2:05.
Jeff Monson defeats Lee Mein by Submission (Guillotine) Round 1, 3:31.

195 Responses to “ CFM 1 Quick Results ”

1. Tyler Davis says:

big boi i know you are an intelligent mma critic, but tone down the criticism please, i know you dissed the kotc card i fought on before it even happened. Said it was a waste of money(even though i sold tickets to family and friends)even though you didnt buy a ticket. Constantly hack on fighters and promoters, it seems to me gabe is just trying to do the best he can but “Rome was not built in a day” so to speak. Im not saying what you doing is wrong, but you come off as the ultimate in keyboard warriors

2. Tyler Davis says:

and i do agree with you saying hick vs monson was a crazy match up

I dig you Tyler, but by your own posts you are letting it be known that the next KOTC card (brawl at the mall) may not pass the smell test on some levels.
    I know BigBoi likes to come on here and throw heat on occasion, but what to people want?
    Nothing is done about horrible mismatches, guys who have no business fighting. repeated weight misses,etc. and then some jerkoff (and that includes me) posts on a forum and suddenly they are the devil incarnate. The continual buck-passing has to be called out at some point.

4. Too funny I had to get caught up on this thread!! I thought it was dead, All good points made by all! Thanks to all the supporters and haters I guess thats what keeps MMA alive..

5. EPerez says:

BigBoi, Im waiting for a reply.

6. BigBoi says:

1. Thanks Quinn.

2. Gabe – Keep promoting. I think and agree that new fighters need a place to fight. I also realize that promotions take a long time to build but you have to realize that persons such as myself have seen a lot and will call you on stuff they feel is out of line. Bets of luck.

3. EPerez – I’m pretty sure we’ve met. We have enough similar friends/associates that I’m almost sure we have. Like Quinn said, I’m staying annonymous for a reason. If we run into each other I’ll let you know why in person.

4. Tyler – Yup I thought KOTC 48 was a shit show. Here’s why, Dan Severn fought another work, Joe Riggs fought an opponent he completely outclassed and they tried to get Shannon Ritch on that card. For what its worth I have told Shannon he’s a toxic influence on MMA and if I get the chance I’ll let Severn know as well. Riggs shouldn’t have taken that fight after Ryan Chiappe dropped out due to injury. Again, if I run into Joe I’ll let him know that as well.

I’ve left this thread alone and think this topic has been beaten to death. I wish Gabe all the best on his next card.

BB

7. BigBoi says:

EPerez – So BigBoi, what is the big fucking deal? And why all the douchery?

To answer this question specifically.

We are just now at a point where MMA is seeing some limited social acceptance. People are slowly starting to realize that MMA is not just two guys knocking each other around until the accumulative damage is such that one guy can’t fight anymore. We’re just edging past a point where Ontario is allowing for MMA sanctioning. The thing is people are still gun shy of this sport and that’s why I come out guns a blazing when I see something happening that could damage the image the average person has about the sport.

In Canada we still don’t have a nation wide position on MMA and it is up to the provincial jurisdictions to regulate and decide for themselves if they’re going to allow MMA to happen. The problem is that the Federal government could still step in and regulate against the current status of MMA.

You talk about being able to fight in front of you home town and how hard it is to find fights outside of your city. I think you should consider yourself lucky to have fights at all. We’re not that far from when people were fighting in boxing rings set up in hockey rinks and warming up in hockey change rooms with no mats on the floor. We’re not that far removed from when ‘medicals’ meant the promoter asked you if you had any concerns. The sport is still young.

I don’t want to sound alarmist but all we need is one incident where a hugely graphic event sets off a chain reaction that threatens the sport. In August of 2010 a national group of doctors called for the banning of MMA.

Now, to be specific you yourself should know exactly how damaging bad press can be to MMA. In February of 2009 your fight with Dean Lewis threatened to impact the ability of Manitoba to hold MMA cards. On paper (and from knowing the reputation of both clubs) this was a very evenly matched fight. What would have happened if instead of two guys with similar records we would have seen this in the Monson vs Hicks fight? I guarantee you there would have been much more traction for the naysayers of MMA for a campaign to have the sport banned.

So, what is the big fucking deal? Because I love the sport and what to see it grow and I don’t want to see it stopped in it’s tracks because someone didn’t think there way through a match.

And… why all the douchery? Because half the time that’s all people listen to. When I do what I’ve done above and detail my thoughts people skip over what I’ve read and focus on the highlights that they think they can use to attach my position.

Have a great day.

8. Sean Quinn says:

FRAT

I liked Bad Boi better when he was douche-i-er. He made way too much sense in this last post.

10. Too funny Robin!

11. Tyler Davis says:

touche

12. EPerez says:

The people you shoud have issue with is the commission, not Gabe, as they seemed to have been ok with the fight.

I dont know what Marcus Hicks’ record is but I know he has been in quite a few bouts. Jeff Monson is obviously a world class professional. The MB boxing commission has very good officials looking over all the matches held here. Im sure youre aware of the strides the MB Commission has made over the past few years. If the commission is fine with the fight I dont see why you made such a big deal. Of course Monson was gonna win that fight but where is the danger? The MB Commission officials are competent, Jeff Monson is a classy professional, and Marcus Hicks is an experienced fighter, albeit one who is not on the level of Monson,but one who has enough experience to tap if needed,so really where is the danger there? After the fight I had with Dean Lewis do you honestly think ANY fight held in MB would EVER get anywhere near that again? Not a chance!!

‘We’re not that far from fighting in hockey rinks’, I remember, I was there. I paid to have my first fight, I had a doctor get me to touch my toes and tell me that my medicals were now done, but the CFM was miles from that so I dont see your argument there either.

If anything why not take up your complaint with the MB Commission? Why not become involved with them so you can over see these things? Gabe needed someone to fight Jeff Monson, he found an experienced fighter (who was going to lose) to fight Jeff that the oommission ok’d. Again, Im positive you cant name one guy in the UFC who hasnt fought a guy who they were knowingly obviously going to walk right through and could have probably even told you what round and how they were going to win.

13. EPerez says:

The reason Im pissed is, we have so many guys ready to fight. This is a great way for them to get experience. Im so confident of the show I fight for that we will always be miles ahead of any show in Wpg I dont care who comes here. Didnt MFC say they were coming to Brandon? Nice try!

These guys have to go south or all the way down to Alberta and either fight for free or very little. Time away from work to travel and expenses leaves them with even less. As long as my teammates get a chance to fight close to home get paid and are matched closely I say stay on your lane. Besides the Monson fight which one was not matched properly? Who the hell was he going to bring in to match with Monson evenly?

I probably have met you but was probably too hammered to remember anyway.

14. The Ali Mokdad/Misha Cirkunov fight was also a fight I was looking forward to. Too bad Mokdad pulled out due to sickness.

15. ARMBAHH says:

Perez has a point about the Monson fight.

Also would a fighter at Monson’s level, for example, agree to a smaller purse for a guaranteed win, such as the Hicks (or his calibur) match-up? Maybe it was an easy way to save $ on fighter purses? although i have no clue.

16. BigBoi says:

Thanks Eric, if I read you right you’re okay with the show if it’s bad so long as it isn’t too bad and doesn’t impact you directly.

I paraphrased your post a little so if that isn’t what you meant feel free to clarify.

Additionally, the majority of commissions are made up of career politicians who couldn’t tell a guillotine from a sweep let alone what a good match up is. It is the promoter’s roll to bring good match ups for consideration.

17. trent_thorne says:

so much shit i just want to say but know i shouldnt!!!!!! Man i am god dam tired of all these god dam arm chair critcs! Talk shit all you guys want it just makes us work harder!

18. EPerez says:

Youre telling me things I and a few of us here already know about who makes up athletic commissions. Why dont you become part of an athletic commission? Id say everything has worked quite well since the Dean Lewis fight here in MB, and even there I dont know who you could blame besides his corner.

Youre forgetting the part about the Commission appointing trained experienced officials to ref fights. Even if the commission allows a mismatch, there are referees.

What Im saying about CFC is I am not worried about any show competing with the show I fight in because its run so well. And from what I saw at CFM, the Commission did their job.

19. BigBoi says:

Trent I think it’s been posted and somewhat confirmed that I’m far from “arm chair” status.

Eric I think we agree on a lot of points. I raised a ton of shut over how badly the officials and ring side doctors fucked up it your fight.

20. Sean Quinn says:

Trent, what the hell are you talking about?

Eric, I dont think that BB was commenting on the matchmaking be at fault for that fight, or the commission for that matter. He was actually pointing out that that fight was well regulated and done more or less by the book. But because of the outcome, look at all of the bad press it got.
    MMA was being questioned because of one fight outcome. We all know how ridiculous it was, but people were trying to use that fight to ban mma.

Now imagine if that same outcome was not backed up by a good commission and a good set of standards. MMA would have been banned in MB for sure. This is all BB is trying to get at. If promoters and commissions dont use their heads when the promote or sanction an event, it will be a whole lot easier for the critics to bring it all down.

21. EPerez says:

I still have no clue why you were blowing Gabe up earlier. I dont know Gabe, but he put on a show that was well run for what it cost the fans, it paid the fighters well enough and was a well run first show that was backed by the commission.

Id really like to know what BB would do as promoter. Youve pointed out enough errors, what would you do about?
    -weigh ins
    -match ups
    -fighters quitting after a charlie horse

Hi guys i’m hungry.

I heart you guys.

I think I’m dillusional right now.

Trent, I dig your steez. But I take umbrage with the armchair critic thing. It’s insulting as a fan to have to see palookas getting murdered by studs,weight misses etc. Maybe if matchmakers, promoters, managers etc. didn’t let these abominations occur ?(I am not speaking specifically about any show). I am glad it makes you work harder; if only others shared your ethic.

Robin, my sympathies to you and to every other guy out there who busts his ass to make weight. When can you eat? My restaurant has the most carb-laden menu i have ever seen. I work thursday night if you and MAD wanna roll in….

Dude send all details. MAD and I wanna roll in Thurs for dinner…

Robin@thefightnetwork.com

thanks man

maybe I shouldn’t speak for MAD, he’s not my life partner or anything…..

26. Close enough, looking forward to it.

There will be a cozy table in the back for you two.
    We don’t judge….

28. Marcus LMA Hicks says:

Hey guys im sorry ur feelings seem to be so hurt with the match up. Monson didnt want to face a top level guy,I was orginally supposed to fight at 195 or 205lbs. Gabe said my original opponent fell through and asked me to step up and fight Monson,I have actually been training(key word ACTUALLY)and wanted to fight so wanted to see for myself how i would do vs a top level guy,Ive fought lots without training proper,and funny enough im still alive. You guys act like he would have litterally killed me. Hes a very good grappler who doesnt look to use any standup,so i figured at worse I get caught by a submission by a adcc world champ. It was all upside for me,everyone expected me to get killed but what if i came out put on a good fight and showed Ive actually started to take MMA serious,we actually worked out a gameplan not just show up go hard in the first and give up if in a bad position like some other fights.

I dont have a problem with people thinking i would have lost the fight or even hating on me,I brought that on myself. But at least give a guy a chance to show hes trying to improve and do things properly. I dont shit talk on forums anymore,or get caught up in stupidness.It sounds funny but maybe(I said maybe)ive grown up and trying to take my career serious unlike what ive done the last 3 years.Ive heard I was gonna get killed several times but it didnt happen,Cyrille diabate(world muay thai champ) was supposed to decapitate me,yet i hung in until I made a stupid mistake,Kristoff was another fight i was supposed to get killed but i hung in there. The great thing about MMA is you just never know,there is always a favorite but even underdogs can pull out wins. The point i needed to learn was you cant pull out the win if u dont train properly and put urself in the position to. I thnk Gabe for considering me,but just so you know he originally had me fighting someone closer in skill level.Im now only fighting at 185lbs where i should have always been from day 1,not 205 or Hw which allowed me to be lazy. All I ask is guys give me the chance to earn some respect in this sport cause 2011 i feel like i will.

My first 2 matchups this year are very good matchups for me and are steps in the right direction. Ive signed a multi fight deal(exclusive in BC) with BATTLEFIELD F.L(March 26th)Im facing Marcus Vinicious who i believe is a good match up for me &chance to show what i can do in this sport with training. Im also fighting on the 2nd Prestige card in Fort Mac. thnx to Jay & Sandy for these opportunities,Im training hard & got all my meds & am now 100% cleared to fight. So I guess we will see. I look forward to and hope i get the chance to fight on a future CFM card. thnx

29. trent_thorne says:

wasnt talking bout anyone in particular! Just tired of this same old schitck! shity this shitty that! to much negativity! I worked very hard to get away form that shit in my life and it brought me to MMA. for that i am thankfull! But shit man all i here anymore around here is all this negativity regarding fighter, promoters, fans, commisions, etc. how bout everyone stops bashing on eachother and just appreciates the sport we all love. Or am i just that gullible to think this can or will happen? nature of the sport?

30. trent_thorne says:

also, i am so emotionally invested in this sport its hard for me not to take some of this shit personal! So i do apologize in advance for offending anyone before or thereafter! cheers

31. BigBoi says:

Jeebus, to hear you tell it Marcus you fought Cyril and Krystof into late rounds! How long exactly did it take for ‘world class striker’ Cyril to arm bar you? How long did it take for Krystof to lock on the Kimura that ended the fight?

You’ve done a lot of shitty things for the sport but you’ve surprised a hell of a lot of people along the way. You’re a pretty solid MW but you have no fucking business being in the main event against Monson. You know that, Gabe knows that and everyone who read the press release knew that….excluding the Winnipeg commission.

I’m glad you’re training but don’t try to white wash what this was by some song and dance about ‘deserving’ a chance. You’ve pretty much used up the chances you have and need to focus on earning some back.

Now will people let this fucking thread die already?!?

32. Sean Quinn says:

LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD LONG LIVE THE THREAD

33. hahahahaha Keep that bad boy going!!!

34. Long Live “Big Boi” The shit talking internet bandit/critics! were not worthy….

35. BigBoi says:

Man I really hope some day we end up doing business Gabe. That would be fun.

Sooo much fun.

36. Sean Quinn says:

Shut up, you internet bandit/critic.

37. BigBoi says:

Is a ‘bandit/critic’ like a Pirate Hooker?

38. yes would be a blast!!!I would have to know who you are though!

39. Datrut says:

Big Boi and Gaby teaming up for a Professional Wrestling/Pirate Hooking show??

40. "The Real" BigBoi says:

Hmmm, seems someone likes to use the BigBoi tag to bad mouth people. Maybe TopMMANews needs to invest a little money into the posting side to ensure only one person posts under one name.

41. Sean Quinn says:

See, I can post as Quinn.

42. "The Real" BigBoi says:

Might be nice if whoever is posting under BigBoi would get their own name.

43. Sean Quinn says:

Dont ever post under my name again please. Thank you.

44. boozie says:

Fisette is awesome, top 2-3 BWs in canada in my opionion. HUGE BW, HUGE!!!

so well roundded

[IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x292/joshharley/joshkicking.jpg[/IMG]

I found this picture on google when I searched him? any idea of who he is fighting? the opponent looks to have some decent standup as he is throwing a textbook roundhouse kick?

45. boozie says: