Craig Brown Withdraws from WRECK

Craig Brown vs Nick Hinchliffe (photo by Jason Bouwmeester|pixelens.com)

The Wreck MMA card has taken another major hit, as main event fighter Craig “Farmer” Brown has been forced to withdraw due to a MCL injury suffered during training. This will be the second major shakeup for Wreck’s main event as Brown’s original opponent Jason “Dooms” Day pulled out in late November due to a professional commitment. Day was replaced by UFC veteran Kalib Starnes, now the search is on to find a replacement for Brown. Stay tuned to Top MMA News for updates on the WRECK main event.

Top MMA News confirmed Brown’s injury with sources close to the fight. The last couple months have been unkind to Brown as he was also forced to withdraw from the last month’s TFC card due to frequent opponent changes.

All is not lost for Wreck as they still have a stellar card to entertain fans. If a suitable opponent for Starnes cannot be found, the heated grudge match between Mark “Boots” Holst and Markhaile “Showtime” Wedderburn can easily slide into the main event. Also Remi “Bam Bam” Movan vs. Dimitri Waardenburg is sure to produce fireworks as two of Canada’s top Bantamweight bangers will throw down. Wreck MMA also features some of Canada’s top prospects in Jesse Gross, Mike Reilly, Alka Matewa, Tyler Hardcastle and Pablo Santos. Canada’s MMA jack of all trades Robin Black will also be appearing on the card.

Wreck MMA “Strong and Proud” kicks off January 28 and the Casino du Lac Lemay in Gatineau Quebec.

64 Responses to “ Craig Brown Withdraws from WRECK ”

1. showtying says:

mark your wrong and i thought we were good bro.what you got people watching cause if you do your getting mis informed..real friends stick by there friends side.Its all good Ilove to give the plastic smile also.CANT WAIT UNTILL WRECK..EVERYONE ON HERE MAKES ME LAUGH..I JUST HOPEE YALL TALK THE SAME WAY AFTER THE FIGHT.THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR KEEPING MY NAME HOT.GOD BLESS. 17O ON THE BING..DONT CRY ABOUT IT…TELL YOUR SPYS ILL BE AT THE GYM AT 10 COME BUT AND TAKE ANOTHER PEEK.LOL..O SHIT MAK TELL THEM TO TAKE A PICTURE I NO YOU WILL LOVE TO POST THAT ONE ON HERE 2 .

“THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR KEEPING MY NAME HOT.”

All their talk is good. People are interested in this fight. That’s a good thing.

3. showtying says:

THANKS ROBIN

4. jason kolompar says:

fight could go eaither way but i dont see showtime lossing this one.

YEAH! SUFFERAZ! Booyakasha. Ummm, brap brap? Glad you’re fired up haha. And I am glad we could make you laugh. I’m no Henny Youngman, but hey…

6. Dude, i’ve always been a fan, i just heard you were still big is all.

Doesn’t change the fact, i’m a fan, and am looking forward to your fight. I hope your teammates who told me this are wrong.

But dont’ confuse it for me talking bad about you.

I’m looking forward to seeing you no matter what you weigh. And I know this will be fight of the night.

I wish you all the best, and will see you soon.

7. Don Wilson says:

Just finished up interviewing Showtying at Xtreme Couture. Ill be honest I haven’t seen Markhaile in this good of shape before, he really looks good to go. Two and half weeks out he looks about 190lbs… Stay tuned to TopMMAnews as we’ll have a great prefight interview up soon… Take care

I saw him today too. A couple weeks ago he did look a bit bigger, but he seemed focused so I wasn’t worried for him.
    But I thought today he looked smaller, probably 190 or under. Which is very reasonable for a 170 guy with 15 days.

He’s hell bent to be on weight and, when he’s like that, he’ll do it.

9. jason kolompar says:

good job show i herad its like 189 190 also

10. Nice! Glad to hear that Show is on par.

I am really looking forward to this fight.

I’m friends with both Mark and Markhaille and this is one Exciting matchup!

Don, good work! (As always)

Markhaille was in killer shape when he fought for CFC here in Winnipeg.

11. hog says:

trust me showtying is in a diffrent mind state. I think te fire is under his ass

This is a very interesting fight.

2 different kind of guys.

Mark is soft spoken. Showtime is, well, Showtime.

Ottawa is gonna be behind Mark. There’s gonna be a lot of excitement for this one.

Fun.

Different, but they can live together in perfect harmony….

14. Vibealive says:

What is the average age of the posters on here? Geezus Christ guys… lol :)

Thanks Pat… should be a GREAT card.. I’m pumped!