Aggression MMA 6 – Edmonton – March 11

Date: March 11, 2011
Location: Shaw Conference Center in Edmonton, AB
TV: The Score
Tickets: TNT Tickets

Main Event:
Ryan Ford (13-3) vs. Johnny ‘JJ’ Davis (13-4)

Josh Hill (4-0) vs. Diego Wilson (5-0)
***Aggression Bantamweight Title Fight

Lightweight Tournament Quarterfinals:
Shane Campbell (2-0) vs. Dave Mazany (5-3)
Kurt Southern (9-3) vs. Brad Cardinal (12-5)
Trevor Wright (5-3) vs. Evan Sanguin (6-3)

Adam Lorenz (4-1) vs. Will Romero (5-1)
Mukai Maromo (3-2) vs. Tim Tamaki (11-22-1)
Trent Thorne (6-4) vs. Jason Gorny (3-4)
Mike Scarcello (2-0) vs. Brandt Dewsberry (5-0)
Owen Carr (3-2) vs. Keenan Feeney (2-1)

140 Responses to “ Aggression MMA 6 – Edmonton – March 11 ”

1. bc says:

he must not have had a “bad” fracture. probly never even had to get it wired and was only caught because of a good doctor. im sure feeney could tell us, if it was wired and broken clean this fuckers CRAZY!! Good luck feeney ur a stand up dude!

2. Keenan says:

Well ill be Stright up Honest. It was busted clean through. 4 plates and 8 screws and wired shut its been 3 months and its 100% healed been X rayed and cleared by an ortho surgon. If it was at all “iffy” I sure as hell wouldnt be taking a fight with a real banger like Owen. I am Crazy but not stupid to risk my fight career over a few more months healing. Its ready to go and so am I so ill see you all on the 11th and may the best man win.

3. bc says:

I LIKE IT ALOT…”dumb n dumber”

4. Mike Davis says:

your nuts Keenan but I like it! best of luck man

5. kendall says:

nice to see el dirte down at the gym guys. someone please clean those bathrooms. i know plenty of kids that would come there once a week to clean to be able to train there, seems like a fair trade to me? Seriously they grosse! otherwise sweet spot.

6. We provide a free gym, free water and top trainers. We have mops and buckets and supplies. Feel free to take the initiative and clean up. We are not your mothers.

7. trent_thorne says:

lol me and scotty were sweeping today! could we have our moms come and clean? lol jk dont tell my mom i said that!

8. bc says:

is shaw conference center off of jasper or is it elsewhere?

9. 9797 Jasper Avenue Northwest

10. Hey Kendall, my partner brad from kamakaze went into the gym at 8 am and cleaned the washrooms. If the people using our non profit “private” gym are going to complain rather than step up then we might start implementing fees. This bugs me almost as much as having fighters from other organizations using our gym for free and also complaining. Sorry about the rant

11. Keenan says:

Its no difference if ur at the gym and u finsih using a bench u clean up ur weights and wipe ur bench down for the next guy. If your using some pads, bags, mats what ever it may be clean up ur shit when ur done and wipe it down. I think its sad how to many people fighters and non fighters take something for granted insted of taking the 10 min when ur done and clean it up. Use it, Put it Back where u found it. Clean up after yourself… I think too many ppl didnt get the wooden spoon for leaving there lego out when they were younger…

personally, last time I was at the gym it was immaculate and very well organized and the people I seen training did there fair share to keep it that way. Thanks Aggression for opening the facility to use for everyone and I hope people continue to take care of it.

12. Dannita says:

Well said Keenan and Aggression!
    I am among the many who train there and I personally feel it’s more the people going who aren’t doing their part NOT those who have made such an awesome facility available!
    Anything and everything needed is readily available and clearly those that wish to complain rather than show initiative as said in an earlier post should at some point get off that high horse and do something while taking a minute to realize just what the Aggression/Kamikaze crew is doing for all of us and Edmonton’s MMA scene!

I personally want to say a “BIG THANK YOU!” to all that make the Aggression/Kamikaze facilities possible as well as those that aren’t “too good” to take the time to pitch in on keeping things neat!! You’re doing a great job guys!

Keep it up!

13. UPDATE: Removed Payan and Valimaki. Added Machan vs Cardinal fight.

14. L-Boutin says:

Is the LW tourney still happening ? or is it being scrapped ?

15. ASSASSIN says:

Machan is a scratch i heard, neck injury.

16. Update: Confirmed Assassin’s comment. Machan is out two to four weeks with no training with a compressed disc.

Thanks for the update Assassin.

Tough challenge. Crazy business.

3 weeks to go and only 6 confirmed fights, one of which is Ryan Ford, and MFC may pull a last minute injunction on that one.

18. Oh Robininder so little faith in your brown brothers. Keep the faith a little bit longer.

19. Oh Robinder so little faith in your brown brothers. Keep the faith a little bit longer.

GET ‘EM TRENT!!!!

21. trent_thorne says:

thanks Harry or should i call you Balls? lol
    I dont know if i will make it to the fight sorry to disapoint man! :(

I might get knocked out for free before then….. LOL er NO !

What do ya mean keep the faith?

This:

“It’ll be close but I’ll bet the Aggression guys will still pull together a solid 9 fight card in the end. Its gonna be a stressful couple of weeks for these guys but they’ll pull it off.”

shows all faith.

I believe guys.

I guess I coulda predicted a solid 10 fight card. More faith.

I’m goin with that then.

“The boys will pull off a solid 10 fight card in the end. Stressful but they’ll pull it off.”

24. Owen Carr says:

I dont need luck Keenan this is what I do bro.

Nothing against Ryan Machan, but sounds funny because that fight was confirmed less than a month ago. I find this to be kinda of bs because he had a 100% purse on the line if he didnt make weight, sounds like mabe the “neck injury” is corrolated with the fact that he knows he cant make weight, especially when Brad takes it at a catch weight of 160, mabe he is injured but that just sounds fishy and a reasonable excuse to pull out since he cant make weight.
    Were fighters, and we all fight with injuries, suck it up

25. Kendall says:

Sorry fellas didnt want to make anyone look bad just wanted lavoratory tidied up! Now i can clean or you might know who it was….

the gym really is top notch though.

26. George Belanger says:

Hey Owen, I am actually to blame for Ryan Machans injury. He put his neck out fairly bad during practice over the weekend. He attempted a double leg on me and in the process he hurt his neck. Its not my place to say anything, but Ryan is not the type of guy to “duck” anyone. In addition to this I also ended up putting Advin Omic out of his scheduled fight for aggression a few weeks ago. I guess Im just a shitty training partner! I took Advins fight and I will be fighting Mike Scarcello on the 11th.

27. Update: Evan Sanguin will take on Trevor Wright

28. UPDATE: Dave Mazany to take on Campbell, Tim Jenson vs Kurt Southern

29. Owen Carr says:

hey george, lol no worries man, i didn’t mean to say anything negative about Ryan and definatly did not mean he was ducking anyone. lol stop hurting dudes. hope he gets better, can’t mess around with a neck injury.

30. David Letourneau says:

Mike Scarcello is a beast watch for him to quickly work his way up 170 lb ladder

31. Ford/Davis and Romero/Lorenz confirmed – Aggression released fight poster the other day.

32. Mike Davis says:

Mr.George Belanger we all know you are just taking everyone out of gym to be top dog:P haha stop being “that guy” hah but best of luck man. Great card cannot wait.

33. George Belanger says:

Thanks Mike! You caught on to my plan. In order to be the best you need to train with the best, learn from them, and then hurt them! and now I have no training partners…. In retrospect this was not a good plan at all.

34. Update: Rob Hill may take on Brad Cardinal

35. Update: Apparently George Belanger is out and Brandt Dewsberry is stepping in to face Mike Scarcello.

36. UPDATE: Southern vs Cardinal now. That may be fight of the tournament.

UPDATE: Added final card

38. Bc says:

Is shaw a good venue, in regards to sittin down n viewing the fights. Also is there normally ticket sales at doors?

Best tickets are bought in advance, but if you want the cheap seats you will get them at doors.

It really is a great venue. Good sightlines everywhere.

40. Mike Davis says:

George that happens sometimes, back fires are common in master plans just gotta tough it out. Just stay in shape so when they come back so you can keep them in line while they are fat.