Mein to Face Grandmont at RITC 42

Mein, right, defeated Andrew Buckland (photo by Jason Bouwmeester)

Top MMA News has learned that the Rumble in the Cage main event on Saturday, February 19 will once again feature Lethbridge’s Jordan “Young Gun” Mein. Mein, Canada’s 9th ranked Middleweight, has been tearing up the Canadian Middleweight rankings.

In Mein’s last fight, Jordan moved up to Middleweight to battle Chase Degenhardt. Mein stopped Degenhardt in just over a minute. With the win, Mein improved his record to an incredible 5-1 in his six 2010 fights.

Mein will be facing Quebec’s Martin Grandmont in the headlining bout. Grandmont is 6-1 over the past three years with wins over Mark Holst and Markhaile Wedderburn.

Related Link:
Canada’s Welterweight Rankings

9 Responses to “ Mein to Face Grandmont at RITC 42 ”

1. Mike Davis says:

great fight!

2. billy bathgate says:

cake walk

3. Mike Davis says:

agreed I think Mein will win but at least he is getting solid fights at 170. Hope he stays there.

4. Claude Perron says:

Cake walk??

Depends of wich Martin Grandmont will be in the cage that night…

I think Martin will win this one too.

5. GREAT matchup!

Hard fight to call, both guys fight to the death.

Mein is by far the more highly evolved fighter. But Grandmont is tough and motivated and fearless.

I’ll put my $ on Jordan but anyone who counts Grandmont out is crazy.

Great fight. I gotta try to get out there for this one.

7. mark says:

grandmont via decision

8. Tyler Davis says:

Mien all the way after training with him I realised how great he really is, he is the new bread of mma, the complete fighter. He has no weakness that I saw and his striking is on another level along wih his grappling wrestling and any thing else he does. And generally a great person to hang out with, always a nice thing to say, and great advice always given out by him. On a side note his buck hunter skills not up to par….. please don’t beat me up

9. McDooogs says:

This fight is gonna be awesome. Robin, I hope you can come out for it. :)
    Brad “Bonesaw” Cardinal is hopefully going to be defending his LW belt, too.
    It will be a loaded lineup of fights by the time the card is complete.