Jimmo vs Lewis for MFC Light-Heavyweight Title

Ryan Jimmo will face Dwayne Lewis in an all-Canadian Light-Heavyweight title fight for Maximum Fighting Championship.  The fight is tentatively scheduled for February 25th at MFC 28.

This is an exciting matchup for the LHW title that feature Jimmo, who is Canada’s #1 Light-Heavyweight, and Dwayne Lewis, Canada’s #5 LHW.  With both fighters on impressive winning streaks, this is truly a meaningful title match.

Jimmo and Lewis both appeared to be on the outs with MFC.  Jimmo for turning down Glover Teixeira as an opponent at MFC 27 and Lewis for not performing up to the promotion’s expectations against Razak Al-Hassan.  That appears to be a lot of hot air as Canadian fans will get the rematch they are waiting for.

Jimmo, currently on a thirteen fight winning streak, beat Lewis in April 2007 in their first meeting.  Now Lewis has refined his game and has won nine of his last ten bouts while finishing eight of those opponents.

Join the forum discussion on this post

27 Responses to “ Jimmo vs Lewis for MFC Light-Heavyweight Title ”

1. Jason says:

Jimmo wins!

Wonder where it’ll be, hopefully e-town!

2. Jamie Locke says:

I gotta go for Jimmo as well!

3. war says:

great fight, cant wait to watch. 2 guys i always cheer for, but i am going with jimmo as well

4. Gary says:

I say Jimmo all the way.I wonder will it be televisised and if so with who?

5. LMJ says:

I say Jimmo all the way too !!!! Televised on HDNet.

6. bigtoe says:

Number 1 Canadian LH? Really Topmmanews? I’m sorry but Jimmo needs to step up to better competion before he is ranked higher than Kristof! MFC must have wrote this.

7. LMJ says:

8. LBoutin says:

“Ksos doesn’t even fight in Canada—why should he have the title ??????????????????”

Probably because it’s a top canadian rankings and not a top canadian fighting in canada rankings.

I’m sure Jimmo will win this one and then move on to the UFC. Its hard to argue against 13 straight wins at LHW.

9. Bigtoe says:

“This is an exciting matchup for the LHW title that feature Jimmo, who is Canada’s #1 Light-Heavyweight, and Dwayne Lewis, Canada’s #5 LHW. With both fighters on impressive winning streaks, this is truly a meaningful title match.”

LMJ – maybe try reading the story before posting…

No questions, Jimmo belongs in the UFC but if he wins this title he might be stuck in the MFC because of contract obligations…

10. Zach Blaber says:

Regardless of who wins and who losses.. this is actually a fight that people in alberta want to see!!!

11. kev says:

yeah ppl want to see this fight. And I’m going with Lewis with the Upset KO/TKO. You guys are counting him out lol. Did you see what he did to the beastman?? That’s irrelevant I know, but still impressive. He will land a big shot and dismantle Jimmo early in the second round to becomes the LHW Champion. Can’t wait to see if I’m right.

12. derek leblanc says:

If Jimmo wins he could still go into the ufc. most smaller promotions contracts alllows fighters to leave if the ufc comes calling. Not sure if jimmo has that or not

13. LBoutin says:

McKee was Champ and he left. Mark was pissed though, so I could see some new issues worked into future Champion’s contracts.

14. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Let’s not worry about the contract situation :), everything is all good, let’s talk about the great fight that this will be and thoughts etc. lol :)

15. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

“I find it funny how Jimmo has no problem fighting a guy he already beat for the MFC title but wanted nothing to do with Teixeira.”

I really don’t want to start this, but just a couple points. When Jimmo beat Lewis it was in the infancy of both of there careers, kinda like when Eastman and Rampage fought for the first time.
    Also the reason Jimmo had no issues fighting Lewis is that Lewis is a MFC guy who’s earned his way to the top… (this has all been discussed before and I’d like to leave it at that).

Jimmo is happy and excited to be fighting a very deserving Lewis for the belt, let’s focus on that :)

16. LMJ says:

Nicely said,Bobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Jamie Locke says:

Lewis deserves his shot for sure! As BKB says, he’s earned his shot, unlike Glover.

I think Jimmo is on another level though, still excited to see the fight though. I may even fly in for it.

18. LBoutin says:

I think Lewis deserved his shot 2 fights ago, then he got dominated by Newton and got a gift decision against Al-Hassan. Weird time to get a title shot, IMO.

19. Phil Baroni says:

lol at title shot for lewis

20. Phil Baroni says:

and ya krystoff is the number 1 lhw in canada hands down

21. LMJ says:

Don’t think so ,Phil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jimmo is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. I don’t think fighting in the UFC gives you top spot. Reljic and Gouveia is the same type of win. Both are guys who fought Middleweight who came back up to fight Light-Heavyweight and lost. KSOS lost to Bonnar and got a win that should have been no contest. I take Jimmo and his 13 wins right now as #1.

23. Dean Panas says:

I would agree with you Keith. Ryan is also improving every time out.
    Just seems weird having Ryan’s mom call him by his last name :)

24. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

^^^
    HAHAHA!

(That was awesome Deano! so true)

25. Doug Jimmo says:

The jig is up LMJ, I just knew you were my mom! I will be putting my $$ on Ryan for this fight. Dwayne always has the power to KO a guy but all the LHW guys do. He just waits with patience to flatten guys which usually works for him, that’s his game. That’s what we’ve gotten used to seeing from him which kind of shows limitations. He hasn’t really dominated anyone when he’s not knocking them out. In his defence that’s all you need if you do it every time. He just gets into trouble with technical guys like Newton who don’t give the swingers a chance. All that waiting around for the KO just lost him the fight. Ryan will cause the same problem for him controlling distance as he did for Wilson. Ryan is a heavy guy to be on top and a great wrestler. His stance causes the punchers problems with distance because of his karate background so I really think this isn’t a great matchup for Dwayne. Plus come on he’s my bro. Gonna have to fly in for another one.

26. stoneman says:

Jimmo’s gonna get “KNOCKED OUT”

27. LMJ says:

Who are you stoneman—are you crazy ?????????????