Awada Combat Club – Edmonton – December 3

Date: December 3, 2010
Location: Maharaja Banquet Hall in Edmonton, Alberta
Tickets:

Main Event
Shane “Shaolin” Campbell (1-0) vs. Tony “Lion Heart” Hervey (11-8)

Co-Main Event
“Afrikan Assassin” Mukai Maromo (3-1) vs. Graham Spencer (5-1)

Luke Harris (5-1) vs. Ryan Ballingal (3-4)
Richard Emary (0-0) vs. Nolan Cairns (0-0)
Mark David Burns (0-0) vs. Justin Smethurst (0-1)
Parwez Ghulam (1-1) vs. TBA

29 Responses to “ Awada Combat Club – Edmonton – December 3 ”

1. Update: Lance Snow added to card.

2. Darren Owen says:

Jason Heit is looking for a fight @ 170 if these guys are interested.

3. Update: Ryan Ballingall added to card.

4. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Heit vs Campbell would be nice

5. Jamie Locke says:

Will Feeney be suspended after his KO at KOTC? Or will he still be on this card?

I think that’ll be pretty likely… Heard he may have suffered a broken jaw and he was out for about 3 minutes so I’m 99% sure it’ll be pretty a lengthy suspension.

7. Feeney is suspended indefinitely pending xray on jaw and medical clearance to fight.

8. stright hater says:

heit vs campbell would be nice

9. UPDATE: Added Tony Hervey

10. Mike Davis says:

I thought there was 8 fights, they have not released full card yet?

11. Dean Panas says:

Mukai is taking on Graham Spencer. The fight will be at 150lbs.

Thanks Dean-O… Updated!

13. Mike: still waiting on the full card, guess they are still finalizing some fights.

14. BigBoi says:

1-0 vs 11-8?

What the hell is wrong with people?

Shane Campbell has had over 50 muay thai bouts so he’s not exactly a typical 1-0 fighter!

Both he and Mukai are taking an admirable road in their early MMA careers taking on tough fighters rather than “cans”

16. From what I’ve heard it’s been hard to find fights for Shane and Mukai when opponents find out about their Muay Thai backgrounds…

17. Dean Panas says:

Cody and Jason are both correct BigBoi. There is a lot more to a fighter than his record. Shane Campbell is a very experienced fighter, although his MMA record doesn’t show it. His Muay Thai experience is world class. He is taking on a very tough fighter who went the distance with Takanori Gomi last year in Japan.
    I am very interested in seeing how this fight plays out!!

18. Mike Davis says:

not to mention Harvey Ko’d Alberto Crane !!

19. BigBoi says:

That makes sense. The Edmonton Commission has let quite a few mismatches happen lately so I had to ask.

20. Updated: added 3 more fights to the card.

21. Dean Panas says:

WOW!!!! Wish someone would of told me Mukai lost 9 fights in the last few hours LOL!!!! 3-1…NOT 3-10.

22. Haha my bad, was late – was wondering what happened to the ) so I fixed it… guess the 0 happened haha. Sorry!

23. Jamie Locke says:

I would have had Harris as the main event.

Or Mukai vs Spencer, that’s an interesting catch-weight bout. Spencer has been jonsing for a fight since his controversial loss to Adams. I think Mukai is having a hard time finding opponents as well. I see this as a striker vs wrestler match-up, a battle of game plans. Should be really interesting.

24. Dean Panas says:

All good Jason!! I am just happy I found one of your mistakes (they are rare!!)…god knows you have found enough of mine!!!

25. Tyler Davis says:

my bad about feeney…sorry guys mukai vs spencer should be a good fight

26. BRD AT WRK says:

3 DAYS BEFORE THE FIGHTS AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE GET 5 AND A HALF FIGHTS, I REALLY HOPE THIS ONE TURNS OUT BETTER THAN IT LOOKS RIGHT NOW.

27. chris says:

ttt mukai

28. Breezy says:

I think Justin Smethurst is a great fighter and will prove it that night!! Good Luck Justin

29. Team Divolic says:

Tony is the real deal, he took this fight on very short notice, Shane is a great fighter, but may be over looking Tony, And Justing is a great fighter not to mention that he stepped up 2 weight classes to take this fight