The Fight Club Presents – TFC 12: Devastation
The Fight Club (TFC), one of the top fight promotions in Canada, is proud to bring MMA fans “DEVASTATION” on Friday, December 10th, live from the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The event will feature ten bouts, including two TFC title fights featuring several top MMA Canadian superstars, including former TFC World Light-Heavyweight Champion Victor Valimaki, top TFC middleweight contenders Craig Brown and Chase Degenhardt, and top welterweight contenders Sheldon Westcott, Jordan McKay, and knockout artist Rio Wells. In addition, current UFC welterweight fighter Claude “Prince” Patrick, undefeated at 2-0 in the Octagon, will make a special appearance.
Tickets are available through Ticketmaster, or via phone at (780) 991-5670.
The “DEVASTATION” main event will feature a rematch between Ottawa, Ontario native Craig “Farmer” Brown (7-3) as he takes on Chase Dagenhardt (8-1), who hails from Lethbridge, Alberta, for the vacant TFC Canadian Middleweight Title. Cody Krahn was originally scheduled to meet Dagenhardt for the belt, but was injured in a recent loss to Eliot Duff and had to be scratched. Dagenhardt, whose only loss was to Brown at and event back in April, will look to avenge that defeat. Both Brown and Dagenhardt are strong finishers. This one is sure to be a barnburner!
The co-main event will showcase Edmonton, Alberta native and local favorite Victor “The Matrix” Valimaki (16-7), a former holder of the TFC Light Heavyweight Championship, as he collides with the well-traveled and experienced Minneapolis, Minnesota native Karl Knothe (17-6). A former UFC fighter, Valimaki was riding a seven-fight winning streak until running into the man who took his belt, the current champ, Martin “The Stress” Desilets. Now, he’ll face Knothe, while hoping that a win will get him back one the championship path. “The Matrix” holds victories over MMA legend Dan “The Beast” Severn and UFC veterans Vernon “Tiger” White, and Jason “Dooms” Day. Knothe, for his part, trains with Sergio Cunha at The Minnesota Fight Factory in Burnside, Minnesota, and has won eleven straight fights since August 2007.
Also fighting at “DEVASTATION” will be some of the top young welterweights on the Canadian fight scene today. Sheldon Westcott, Jordan McKay, and knockout artist Rio Wells will all put their skills on display, as they look to take the next step in their careers. Westcott has finished all four of his opponents, and hasn’t lost since his initial pro fight in 2007. Coming off his first loss, which came against former UFC competitor Richie Hightower, McKay will look to rebound in a big way. Meanwhile, three-time TFC vet Wells has yet to taste defeat, knocking out all four of his pro opponents.
“’Devastation’ will be an awesome fight card that local MMA fans won’t want to miss,” says TFC owner/promoter Mark Sinclair. “We’re committed to showcasing top, young talent, and that’s what this card is all about!”
The fight card includes:
- 185 lbs: Craig Brown (7-3) – Ottawa, ON vs. Chase Dagenhardt (8-1) – Lethbridge, AB for the TFC Canadian Middleweight Title
- 205 lbs: Victor Valimaki (16-8) – Edmonton, AB vs. Karl Knothe (17-6) – Minneapolis, MN
- 170 lbs: Sheldon Westcott (5-1) – Edmonton, AB vs. Cleburn Walker (9-5) – Dallas, TX
- 170 lbs: Rio Wells (4-0) – Edmonton, AB vs. Louis Carles (7-2) – Ottawa, ON
- 170 lbs: Jordan McKay (5-1) – Calgary, AB vs. Tim Skidmore (3-17) – Moncton, NB
- 135 lbs: Sy Jewett (2-0) – Red Deer, AB vs. Anna Barone (1-2) – Ottawa, ON
- 155 lbs: Steve Beaumont (1-0) – Edmonton, AB vs. Eric Andre (2-0) – Calgary, AB
- 170 lbs: Mike Scarcello (1-0) – Edmonton, AB vs. Brandon Dumais (0-0) – Edmonton, AB
- 185 lbs: Travis Quesnell (1-0) – Lloydminster, AB vs. Darrel Okeynan (0-2) – Edmonton, AB
- 185 lbs: Dwayne Morbouquette (1-0) – Red Deer, AB vs. Jorge Blanco (0-0) – Toronto, ON