UFC 121 Quick Results – Velasquez wins title

Here are the results from the UFC 121 prelims.

Cain Velasquez defeats Brock Lesnar via TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 4:01 to win the UFC Heavyweight
Jake Shields defeats Martin Kampmann by Split Decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
Diego Sanchez defeats Paulo Thiago by Unanimous Decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28)
Matt Hamill defeats Tito Ortiz by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Brendan Schaub defeats Gabriel Gonzaga by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Spike TV
Court McGee submits Ryan Jensen by Arm Triangle in Round 3, 1:21
Tom Lawlor defeats Patrick Cote by Unanimous Decision (30-27×3)

Daniel Roberts submits Mike Guymon by Anaconda Choke in Round 1, 1:13
Sam Stout defeats Paul Taylor by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
Chris Camozzi defeats Dongi Yang by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29 and 29-28)
Jon Madson defeats Gilbert Yvel by TKO (GNP) in Round 1, 1:48

11 Responses to “ UFC 121 Quick Results – Velasquez wins title ”

1. Chris Camozzi won by decision. Mr. Black, you owe me a beer.

Called Cain allllllllllll week.
    Shields looked like shit at the end. I wish Kampann woulda just tested his chin.
    Jake, you are in the big show now. Put the heat on or beat it….

Ben, my friend.

I can’t wait to buy you a beer. But you have to nerd-out with me and talk fights all night while our girls look on and roll their eyes with boredom.

ps. The ultimate fight nerd-out partner is Marc-Andre. In a perfect world we can bring him into our fight nerd-fest.

Well done sir.

4. ha ha! You got me on the Shields fight though. I almost looked like a genius, but Kampmann got cocky and tried to sub Shields.

5. I loved Lesnar’s ‘Blackhawk Down’ impression.

6. David Letourneau says:

I thought sanchez did an amazing job not giving up and proving that heart and cardio and constant pressure can win you a fight even when your losing after the first round, Diego trains excally the way he fought that night. good job.

7. CR says:

Valasquez was very impressive. I was just in shock after the fight. I couldn’t believe how dominant he was. The Sheilds fight was terrible. Yeah he gained full mount like 3 times, but he didn’t DO anything with it. He’s got great grappling, but no ground and pound skill. I thought for sure Kampman was going to KO him in the 3rd, Sheilds was gassed and wasn’t doing anything. The Sanchez/Thiago fight was awesome. Fast paced and entertaining, Sanchez looked great.

8. Jason says:

LMAO Keith!

I agree 100% CR!

9. william hatch says:

what we need is velasquez vs overeem or fedor now that be a fight lol pride rules to boot, that be a real war that any real fight fan would pay to see

10. william hatch says:

That would be a serious cross promotional dream

11. I’d like to see Fedor vs Brock and am happy with Junior Dos Santos vs Velasquez.