MFL 3 Quick Results: Goodridge and Liaudon go AWOL

Top MMA News’ Don Wilson will bring you live results from Montreal’s MFL 3 show tonight:

Strange events at MFL. Jess Liaudon didn’t show up today to the venue for his scheduled fight against Martin Grandmont.
UPDATE: Liaudon’s camp had notified the promoter during the event that he wasn’t healthy enough to compete.

Goodridge was about to go out against Tom Murphy and right before he was to be called out to the cage he left. No update as to what Gary’s reason for leaving was, but he apologized and was seen hugging promoter Dirk Waardenburg before leaving.

UPDATE: when asked by Top MMA News for a comment on why he left we got this from Gary. “I have no comment on that… I just didn’t fight”

We are trying to get more information on the situation.

Gary Goodridge Goes AWOL before his scheduled fight – stay tuned
Ferrid Kedher defeats Steve Berger via TKO (punches) @ 1:26 of Rd2
John Makdessi defeats Bendy Casimir via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
Bryan Rafiq submits Marcus Celestin via Guillotine Choke @ 2:26 of Rd3
Ricardo Francois defeats Bruno Hosier via Retirement @ 5:00 of Rd2
Sebastien Gargueir defeats David Guy via TKO (punches) @ :21 of Rd2
Joey Gambino submits Matt Spisak via Tapout (exhaustion) @ 4:58 of Rd2
John Gariepy defeats Benoit Guillonet via TKO (punches) @ 4:01 of Rd2
Dave Bedard defeats Kris Frank via TKO (elbows) @ 3:13 or Rd1
Lee Villeneuve defeats Chris Vorano via TKO (punches) @ 2:40 of Rd1
Jonathan Belair submits Dave Depathie via Kimura @ 2:16 of Rd2

24 Responses to “ MFL 3 Quick Results: Goodridge and Liaudon go AWOL ”

Come on Don Wilson! :) Results!

2. Don’t blame Don, he was sending them as they happened, but i wasn’t home to update.

All is good now!

Thanks for the results Don!

Good to see Francois coming back.

4. is Francois a HW if he fights a 235 lb opponent at a 225 catchweight when he weighs in at 204?

5. He’s a LHW no matter the weight of his opponent.

The biggest question is what’s up with this fight? Was at a catchweight of 225 and Bruno was 10 over, and Francois was 20 pounds under. Pretty strange.

If the retirement was because he was gassed, i am disappointed in Bruno. He has the big hands to go somewhere. Please tell me he suffered an injury…

Glad Francois took that fight after the 10lbs overage.

That’s a great win for Makdessi! This dude is definitely legit.

9. Sounds like Bruno was exhausted and had an injury to his leg as he needed help walking out.

Congrats to Makdessi. Great win.

What the fuck?!? Did Big Daddy show up to the arena?

11. Salmon does not fly in for Murphy’s last fight and this time Goodridge no shows. Feel bad for Murphy.

12. Tiago Okamura says:

What happened to the jess liaudin match? Is that still coming up?

Can anyone tell me how the Makdessi x Casimir went down?

13. James says:

LOL….

Zero credibility to a shitty promotion.

I don’t mean to sound harsh, but everything about tonight was pathetic.

Yea what happened to Grandmont, I figured if he won he’d be definite Top10!

15. Don Wilson says:

G’day TopMMAnews followers,

Just heading back from what was the weirdest event I’ve covered…. As an update interviews with Tom Murphy, Steve Berger, Martin Grandmont and MFL promoter Dirk Waadenberg will be posted on the site by tomorrow. If there are any other questions feel free to email me. Thanks everyone and hope you enjoyed TopMMAnews coverage

16. Big Jake says:

More to the story than Big Daddy “no showing” the event. Didn’t exactly go down as it’s being portrayed. Will update later today with some info.

17. People outside Canada will realize who THE BULL is. I’m very happy for my friend, I knew he could do it.

I’m curious about what happened for the two last fight. Keep us posted Don plz!

18. Chris_B says:

Posted on Gary Goodridge’s Facebook page:

Gary Goodridge Sometimes you can’t let people push you around and you have to stand up for what is right… No matter the cost. This has cost me a lot. I spent 9 weeks training and no one will pay me for that… ;-(… I am no different from anybody out t……here. Losing that kind of money will hurt my family as well as me. Sometimes one wonders if you made an equitable and just decision. My family will suffer for that. I am sorry. This money was going to come in at a right time for us… I believe these are bad times for all of us. I apologize to any of my fans if I disappointed anyone, I need to be my number one advocate this time. in my life.

19. Very strange.

The Athletic commission confirmed they had the pay for this bout.

Not sure what money Gary is talking about, and looking forward to hearing the whole story.

20. James says:

Sounds like there was a cash deal on the side and MFL didn’t have the money.

21. Phil Baroni says:

don the dragon fly wilson is that really you?

22. Don Wilson says:

Haven’t heard the Dragon Fly nickname used in years :)

23. alan says:

All I can say is…ONTARIO!! FUCK QUEBEC!

24. Brilliant comment Alan. The same organization are likely to organize shows in both provinces.