MFL 3 Weigh-in Results

The MFL held its weigh-ins today to make all the fights official. Surprisingly, John Makdessi weighed in four pounds above the 155 weight limit. Headliners Tom Murphy and Gary Goodridge both successfully came in under the 220 lb catchweight limit.

Here are the MFL 3 Weigh-In Results:

Tom Murphy (220.2) vs. Gary Goodridge (217.3)
* 220 lb catchweight

Steve Berger (175.6) vs Ferrid Kedher (174.7)
* 175 lb catchweight

Jonh Makdessi (159) vs. Bendy Casimir (153.7)

Martin Grandmont (170) vs. Jess Liaudin (171)

Marcus Celestin (193.7) vs. Bryan Rafiq (188.5)

Ricardeau Francois (204.4) vs. Bruno Hosier (235.5)
* 225 lb catchweight

Sebastien Gargueir (145.9) vs. David Guy (145.9)

Joey Gambino (149.6) vs. Matt Spisak (157.8)
* 150 lb catchweight

Johan Gariepy (155) vs Benoit Guillonet (153.4)

Lee Villneuve (168) vs. Chris Vorano (170)

Kris Frank (181.4) vs. Dave Bedard (184.9)

Jonathan Belair (137) vs. Dave Depathie (132.9)

Related Posts:
MFL 3 Weigh-in Photo Gallery

14 Responses to “ MFL 3 Weigh-in Results ”

Ricardeau Francois (204.4) vs. Bruno Hosier (235.5)
    * 225 lb catchweight

WTF?

Joey Gambino (149.6) vs. Matt Spisak (157.8)
    * 150 lb catchweight

WTF?

3. Jamie Locke says:

odd weights happenning here..???

4. Josh says:

Lol it’s almost like nobody even tried to make weight

5. I do not understand the Francois/Bruno weights. Bruno comes in 10 lbs over the catchweight and Francois does not even make 205.

I think weight limits have become soft targets in some fighters’ minds. Lets say you are making $1000 to fight. There is no doubt you have a job to support you. Why not come in 10 lbs heavier and get an advantage, lose $200 for a fine, and just make $800? Its not like your weight is recorded on your record, no asterisk beside you win. By your next fight (maybe even by the next day), people will forget that you were heavy and they will just remember that you won.

It’s simple there need to be suspensions and heavy fines if someone comes in more than a certain amount over.

If fighters approach it with a mindset that weight MUST be made most guys will get there. I’ve seen the odd time where a legit guy gives everything to make it and can’t quite shake that last pound due to a miscalculation (once saw consummate pro Nabil Khatib miss by half- he medically could not get there) and those guys are devastated at failing, so down about it. They sincerely apologize even tho they gave everything to do it.

Then you see guys miss by 10 pounds and they don’t seem the slightest bit apologetic. They don’t care.

That is not cool. You must make weight.

I dig nabil, but he has missed weight more than a coupla times.

Just sayin….

9. Chris_B says:

Don’t these guys get show/win purses? e.g. $1000 to show, $1000 to win?

So i can kill myself making weight and have a 50/50 chance of winning, OR, I can come in 10 lbs over, get a HUGE advantage, lose $200 and make $1800.

Right now, the math is pretty simple. I think they actually plan on coming in over weight from the beginning and use it as an advantage.

10. Chris… its really all over the place. The Manitoba Commission does not even get involved when a fighter is over weight. From what I understand, in Manitoba a fighter could negotiate whatever percentage he wants to get into the cage with an overweight opponent, however, they usually agree on 20%.

In Quebec, the commission is involved and I believe they take 10% and the opponent gets 10%.

By the way…the guy who made weight is under no obligation to fight. However, fighters need money and there is pressure put on them to fight.

btw…I don’t have this written down, so I could be incorrect as I am relying on my shady memories of conversations with fighters.

11. Darren Owen says:

Majority of commissions take 20% of shuw purse and 20% of their win purse as well if they win, also the opponent can refuse to take the fight. However not all commissions do this. I belive commissions should implemant a sliding scale for repeat offenders- 20%,35%,50% plus a suspension on third offence. Just my opinion.

12. One problem is not all commissions pay the fighters. For example in Winnipeg the 20% is a gentlemans agreement between fighters. But the commission isn’t involved.

I think Promoters should use guys who miss weight less often.

It happens, but some guys don’t seem to give a shit as they repeatedly miss.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ‘the promoters’. Do you really think most of them even give a fuck? How many times have perennial speedbags been picked up by different promotions since i first found this site? The promoters don’t give a shit. Mark my words: There’s gonna be a serious injury or death in the next 2 years here and this sport is gonna get locked the fuck down. This site should stop giving press to shit events that use shit ‘fighters’.

14. Darren Owen says:

Some promoters DO give a fuck.