UFC 118 Fighter Pay – Toney Tops List

Here are the fighter payouts from UFC 118 in Boston last weekend:

James Toney: $500,000
Randy Couture: $250,000 (no win bonus)
B.J. Penn: $150,000
Nate Diaz: $120,000 ($30,000 win bonus, $60,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
Frankie Edgar: $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus)
Marcus Davis: $91,000 ($60,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
Joe Lauzon: $84,000 ($12,000 win bonus, $60,000 Submission of the Night bonus)
Demian Maia: $68,000 ($34,000 win bonus)
Kenny Florian: $65,000
Gray Maynard: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus)
Dan Miller: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus)
Mike Pierce: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus)
Nik Lentz: $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus)
Greg Soto: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus)
Andre Winner: $10,000
Nick Osipczak: $10,000
Mario Miranda: $8,000
Gabe Ruediger: $8,000
John Salter: $8,000
Amilcar Alves: $6,000

8 Responses to “ UFC 118 Fighter Pay – Toney Tops List ”

Toney made the most money. Gee Dana, thanks for respecting the integrity of the sport. You’re the white Don King.

2. CR says:

Wow, give me $500,000 and I’ll do the same thing Toney did. I’ve got no MMA training either.

3. dave zuniga says:

You’ve got no boxing experience either. I don’t like Toney either, but 500g’s is a fration of his boxing purses. What’s your salary?

I dunno what CR was getting at, but my beef is that a guy with ZERO MMA experience was able to get his ass on a pay per view and get TWICE what a tried-and-true legend got paid, who subsequently whipped him mercilessly. Dana White flaps his gums ad infinitum about the ‘integrity’ of the sport generally and of his company specifically, then puts on a sideshow and rewards the main freak, who i guarantee we will never see in the octagon again. That’s my beef.

5. Dean Panas says:

At the end of the day, the bottom line is how much money is made by the company. Look at some of the payouts the fighters get. The guys who make the most “guaranteed money” are the ones who sell tickets, not the best fighters. The Toney/Couture fight was done to sell tickets (ppv buys) and nothing else. We are all MMA fans and were pretty sure what was going to happen in that fight. But many non MMA fans paid to see Toney (a real fighter in their eyes) knock out Couture. Plus it got great mainstream media coverage, wich is always a huge bonus.

Lol@ “great mainstream media coverage”. This is reminiscent of Kimbo’s fight being the number one TUF episode of all time: people just turning in for the sideshow.
    The “any press is good press” philosophy is total bullshit, especially when it comes to a sport which is still vying for mainstream credibility. A misinformed horde or a bunch of fairweather fans isn’t going to make things any better for MMA.

…sorry : “tuning”…..

8. CR says:

Sarcasm is hard to get across in this type of forum. What I was trying to say is that I don’t have any kind of fight training and I could have done the same thing Toney did, and got payed over 10 times my annual salary. I don’t care if 500 grand is peanuts for a pro boxer, you’ve got no business getting that kind of cash in your first MMA fight.