Top MMA News is live at Rexall Place in Edmonton Alberta bringing you live results from KOTC Lock Down.

Unfortunately the main event has been cancelled due to a hernia sustained by Tim Chemelli the day of the fight. The Welterweight Title fight between Ryan Chiappe and Garett Davis will move up and take over the main event slot!

Jon Ganshorn defeats Alex Mohgrabi via TKO in Round 1, 0:59

Keenan Feeny defeats Ken Kerfont via TKO in Round 1, 0:38

John Grant defeats Colin Lloyd via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 2, 1:50

Chris Kizuik defeats Jeremiah Simonar via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 1, 4:30

Kris Miskanek defeats Jason Rorick via TKO in Round 1, 0:47

Jamie McLean defeats Daylon Erickson via Submission (Guillotine Choke) in Round 1, 3:25

Trent Thorne defeats Chad Frey via KO in Round 2, 0:21

Devin Murray defeats Jon Simonar via Submission (Arm Triangle) in Round 1, 2:24

Tony Bibby defeats Josh Ladouceur via Submission (Guillotine Choke) in Round 1, 0:39

Mukai Maromo defeats Carlos Espinoza via TKO in Round 2, 2:35

Brad Stewart defeats Elmer Waterhen via Majority Decision (30-27, 29-29, 29-28)

Dan Severn defeats Chad Olmstead via TKO in Round 2, 1:27

Tim Means and Dominic O’Grady fight to a Majority Draw (29-27 Means, 28-28, 28-28)

Garett Davis defeats Ryan Chiappe via Submission (Anaconda Choke) in Round 3, 3:19

49 Responses to “ KOTC Lock Down Quick Results – Davis chokes out Chiappe, captures Welterweight Title ”

For fucksakes! Tony Lopez fight is cancelled, god damnit!
    How the hell did Chemelli get hurt day of fight. Bullshit!

2. zach says:

it meant to say he got scared!!!!

I was looking forward to seeing Tony Lopez fight, Lopez is good, I’m pissed.

I didn’t hear, why couldn’t Chemelli fight?

5. Mitch Clarke says:

vaginitis?

Isn’t he your boy from Lloyd, Mitch?

7. Mitch Clarke says:

he’s from Cold Lake and I really have no love for people who back out last minute due to “injuries” aka fighting out of their league and backing out

8. I’m never one to call bullshit on fighter injuries…but the day of?? I’m with Bobby on this one…I don’t like it. Not professional at all. If you’re that scared of taking an ass beating, shoot in and get choked out…but for Christ’s sake…at least step in!

Man, I dunno if he was scared or not. I’m not saying that. I’m just bothered that the fight is cancelled.

10. Just Bill says:

should have done it like throwing out a T-Shirt, loudest fan gets to get into the cage with “Kryptonite”

11. No you said it…I saw it Bobby…no backing out now. You edited your post. Ok…well maybe you didn’t…but you were thinking it.

Don’t leave me hanging out here to dry you bastard!

12. Vicious Beast says:

so why didnt Kanmakoff fight on this card????

13. L-Boutin says:

Because a week ago in EFC he tapped to strikes in 23 seconds

Cuz he lost his last fight, a week prior. Musta got suspended.

15. “Because a week ago in EFC he tapped to strikes in 23 seconds”

Seriously?? It takes more time to get across the cage.

16. Vicious Beast says:

soooo efc is none sanctioned i thought? i woulda loved to have seen him step up against ol tony, first fighter to lose to dink in bum thrusts. (the commentary woulda been, “I dont know jim, i think Bobby coulda tapped way sooner, almost as though he likes it”)

17. Byob says:

Bobby calls out mike Davis? Hey mike you gonna answer that call??

18. Vicious Beast says:

bobby or bibby?

Lol, nice try jake! Lol!

Elmer’s a gamer, always a fan!

20. Vicious Beast says:

how was that fight bobby? is stewart legit?

21. So I was just looking into Mr. Chemelli and he appears to look pretty decent on paper…so what’s the deal?? He’s undefeated…looks to be in decent shape…no reason to back out. Anybody have any inside to this?

22. Vicious Beast says:

ive seen him fight thrice, just huge punches and nothin super special and hes fought, oh i had it here somewhere, oh ya no1

Stand up fight, mainly. Nothing special about Stewart imo. Prob nice guy and all, just think lotsa guys could take him.

Bobby… Chemelli states that he suffered a hernia and didn’t want to risk not being able to work his full time job by injuring himself any further! The fight was then accepted by Bergmann but Lopez declined!

25. RobH8squad says:

my coach is up next. lets get it dom!

He suffered a hernia the day of the fight. Lopez woulda knocked Bergman out.

27. Byob says:

Bibby vs mike Davis. Who wins? How do u get a hernia the day of the fight?

How the fuck was that fight 28-28. I would like to see the score cards. Cody make it happen.

Great title fight. Sick sub to finish!

Kyle Cardinal’s reffing in the Chiappe vs Davis title fight was fantastic, world class. The final sequence with Chiappe bombing out on Davis, and Davis slipping and covering, then getting the takedown and finishing with the anaconda was some of the best display of reffing I seen.
    Most refs woulda stopped it, when Chiappe was throwing, by letting it go there was a definitive spectacular finish.

Truly impressed! Great job by Kyle.

31. zach says:

I am down for stewart, thorne or chammelli please somone fight me for TFC!!!!

32. zach says:

oh by the way chammelli is not undefeated, sean wright submitted him…

I facebooked him a few weeks ago and I think he said he was 5-1 in EFC and RITC!

Orest asked me to help set the record straight about Chemelli… Chemelli was working out and heard a pop in his stomach, He went to Rexall and was examined by the doctor who stated that he had a hernia and it would require surgery. Chemelli still wanted to fight however upon further discussion with doctors and his team they decided it would be against his best interest as he would most likely be in constant pain until he was able to have surgery.

Chemelli was heartbroken that he was unable to fight, He definitely had a legitimate reason to pull out of the fight and He and Lopez have agreed to fight at a later date.

35. Bibby says:

I have to agree with Cody. I am not a fan of people backing out at the last minute, however sometimes its the right thing to do. i happened to see Chemellis hernia… that was ‘very’ real and really gross and a Legitimate reason to pull out. Oh yeah, sometimes there are some pussies out there backing out of fights and we need to call em on it, but this isnt one of them!

36. C-MAC says:

Chemelli is fighter, All this trash talk is great, Dont see any of u fucks steping into the ring with lopez, Chemelli will be back to shut u guys and your 2cent comments up, Oh for the record Lopez didnt even make weight. Chemelli declined taking the 20% of his purse. Chemelli is the real deal.

37. Jason says:

Bobby – I think Means was deducted 1 point in that match (strikes to the back of the head if I recall), didn’t see that match in Cody’s write up yet but I’m sure it’s coming… I know there were two fights with point deductions

38. Mike Davis says:

Byob I beat Tony Bibby by dec. in his last fight and he wants a rematch not sure what he said but I know Tony and he never means disrespect. Would like to know what he said but I could not make it to the event. Of course I will give him a rematch, working on a different fight at the moment but I am sure we will fight again by end of year.

39. Phil Baroni says:

i saw tim chenelli at west edmonton mall eating at st alberta family restauraunt no joke and he didnt seem to hurt to me lol

Baroni – Refer to comment #34

41. Hey C-Mac settle down already…when people pull out of a fight the day of, people are going to question it and make assumptions. So he’s a stand up guy…great. Hope to see him back in the cage when he heals up. But all this talk about “I don’t see you fuks stepping in the cage”…wtf does that have to do with anything?? So someone has to step into a cage to question something? Welcome to the world of professional athletes. You’re in the spotlight…people talk.

On a lighter note…I hope for a speedy recovery and to see him fight down the road. TTT for Chemelli.

42. Mitch Clarke says:

I’ll make my apology as public and I did the insult. I talked to a couple of people at the event and say his stomach looked fucked up and has a legit hernia. So for saying he has a vagina I apologize. I just hate people who drop out of fights the day of,(or events being canceled last minute). I hope Tim the best and that he comes back healthy.

43. Tim Chemelli says:

First off I would like to apologize to the fans and KOTC.I have never pulled out of a fight before and I know this was a huge chance for me.As a fighter I might have made the wrong choice by pulling out but as a father and a husband that provides for my family I know I made the right one.For those that think it was a fake injury that’s your opinion this is a free country think what you want this shit just happens sorry.

44. Dean Panas says:

Well said Tim. I can also testify to your injury, and to how disappointed you were in what happened. I think some people are venting out of frustration as a lot of people were looking forward to the fight and were disappointed when it got cancelled.

45. Tim Hague says:

I saw Chemelli’s hernia, it was gross and looked painful. Good luck in your recovery tim.

46. Phil Baroni says:

sorry mr chenelli for my previous comment

47. My apologies for an assumption as well earlier…like I said in a revised post, best wishes for a speedy recovery and look to see you compete again soon!

48. Smashish says:

I just found your site by accident. Best MMA site in Canada.

49. Thanks Smashish! Appreciate the compliment.