CFC 5 Play By Play – Quick Win for El Dirte

Top MMA News is cageside at CFC 5 in Winnipeg and will be posting live play-by-play online right here. Sit back and keep hitting refresh to get your CFC results!

Joe Doerksen vs Shawn Marchand
Doerksen comes out swinging and lands a solid left body kick. Left high kick, right body kick, followed by punches. Marchand slumps to the canvas. Doerksen pounds on him on the ground. The referee steps in and this is over very quick. Crowd goes home happy! Marchand was overmatched and Doerksen gets his third win in two months. Back to the UFC for El Dirte.
Joe Doerksen defeats Shawn Marchand by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1, 0:43

Robin Black vs Eric Perez
Frantic pace to start by the two Bantamweights as the swing wildly and land knees until Black presses Perez against the fence. Nice knees by Black and the two trade leg kicks. A punch drops Black and a kick follows . The doctor comes in to check on Perez but the ref warns that Black is being warned for passivity and fleeing the fight. The fight is called off. “Black was dropped when he got a jab from Perez while he was turning away from the fight,” according to referee Jerin Valel. Will find out. Crowd erupts and start throwing drinks into the cage in disapproval. Calamity in the cage and crowd. EMTs come in for Black. Turns out Black was saying that he got kicked in the head while he was down. Referee Jerin Valel states that it was a legal kick to the body. Robin Black is taken off in a stretcher with his thumb up. Referee states stretcher is just for precautionary reasons and Black is OK. Keith Crawford announces that Black will be taken to hospital and has a dialated pupil. No replay has been shown on the big screens. May have to catch this one on The Score.
Eric Perez defeats Robin Black by TKO in Round 1, 1:23

Roland Delorme vs Sean Quinn
R1. Delorme tries to throw Quinn but Quinn tosses aside. Delorme shoots but Quinn attempts a Guillotine. Delorme drives through and lands on top of Quinn in his guard. Quinn rises and press Delorme against the cage. Quinn takes Delorme down and sits in his guard. Three rights from Quinn who goes for the pass and the two end up standing. Quinn is relentless and takes Delorme down. Hammer fists from guard by Quinn and Delorme has a nice welt under his left eye. Delorme tries to pass and the two end up on their feet.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-9 Quinn

R2. Delorme shows some solid standup to start round 2 before Quinn lands a solid right. The two are standing for round 2 and Delorme is using an effective jab. Delorme takes Quinn down and has top position and lands some solid ground ‘n pound from half guard. Delorme gets Quinn’s back and has a solid body triangle. Delorme softens him up with big rights and lefts and the ref stops the fight. Delorme showed amazing ground and pound and could be the best Bantamweight in Canada. Nice fight!
Roland Delorme defeats Sean Quinn by TKO (Ground ‘n Pound) in Round 2, 3:02

Lance Cartwright vs Steve Skinner
Skinner lands an overhand right to start the bout. Lance jumps up for a Guillotine but Skinner drops hard to his back. Cartwright goes for an arm bar but Skinner slips out. Skinner postures up and lands some strong ground and pound from top. Cartwright takes big punishment and the ref stops the fight.
Steve Skinner defeats Lance Cartwright by TKO (Ground ‘n Pound) in Round 1, 1:51

After the fight Skinner says he almost lost to the Guillotine, but is pretty stoked over his victory.

Dominick Blais vs Matt Spisak
R1. The two start trading in the middle and Spisak pushes Blais against the cage. Spisak lands a couple rights and Blais shoots but Spisak stuffs. Blais slips on a high kick. Spisak lands several straight punches and again pushes Blais against the cage. Blais grabs a Guillotine and drops to his back. Spisak taps out.
Dominick Blais submits Matt Spisak by Guillotine in Round 1, 2:15

Dwight Sutherland vs Guillaume Fortier
R1. The two start and Fortier ends up on his back. Beautiful sweep via a Kimura by Fortier lands him on top. Fortier has Sutherland’s back and attempts a Rear Naked Choke. The hold is broken but soon reapplied but Sutherland turns and is in Fortier’s guard. Quick hips by Fortier attempts a Triangle but Sutherland pulls out and lands a few punches. Once again a Triangle is applied and Fortier goes for an Arm Bar as well. Sutherland rolls and rolls and rolls out of it and applies his own own Triangle Choke. Fortier taps out. Wonderful jiu jitsu fight and Sutherland showed great fortitude in escaping many chokes by Fortier.
Dwight Sutherland submits Guillaume Fortier by Triangle Choke in Round 1, 4:08

After the fight Sutherland said he was never close to tapping and can’t wait to fight with CFC again.

Mark Durant vs Jesse Ronson
R1. A couple leg kicks to start things off by Durant. Body shot by Ronson. Ronson stuffs Durant’s shot and gets back control on Durant. Ronson lands some shots but Durant gets to his feet and lands a knee. Good back and forth action by the two. Trip takedown by Ronson who lands some shots from Durant’s back. RNC attempt by Ronson but Durant escapes. Big right by Durant stuns Ronson for a sec and Durant goes back to the leg kicks. Body shot by Ronson and Ronson lands a high kick on Durant. Ronson has Durant’s back and flattens Durant out and goes for the Rear Naked. Ronson abandons the RNC and starts pounding on Durant. After softening Durant up, Ronson finally sinks the RNC and Durant taps out. Ronson wins his second CFC fight and remains undefeated.
Jesse Ronson submits Mark Durant by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 4:51

Ronson Sabourin vs Chris Myra
R1. Myra starts the fight chasing Sabourin around the cage. Sabourin lands a couple kicks in a slower start. Sabourin grabs a single and puts Myra down on his back. Sabourin gets the full mount and works the Arm Triangle choke. Myra taps out.
Ronson Sabourin submits Chris Myra by Arm Triangle in Round 1, 1:45

Agostino DeNatale vs Kyle Anderson
R1. Leg kick by DeNatale starts things off and the much larger Anderson swings a bit wildly. DeNatale takes him down and pounds on him from side control. Anderson gets up and DeNatale just misses with a right high kick. DeNatale gets Anderson down and lands body shots from half guard. DeNatale passes to side and lands lefts before getting full mount. Anderson pushes off the cage and bucks Agostino to side control. Anderson works hard to get out but DeNatale outmuscles him to keep him down. DeNatale lands some huge rights but then hits him with a knee as Anderson is on his way up. Illegal knee and the ref stops the action. Anderson shakes it off and they start up again. Nice leg kicks to start things off by DeNatale and a lovely leg kick straight left then takedown to side control. Round over.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-8 DeNatale

R2. DeNatale lands several right leg kicks to start things off and then starts going to the body with kicks. Anderson drops and DeNatale ground and pounds Anderson. DeNatale gets full mount and Anderson cannot do anything to get out. DeNatale drops repeated blows from full mount and Anderson can only lie there with his hands covering his head from the blows. Agostino has landed at least 30 unanswered blows from full mount. Anderson finally gives up his back with a minute and a half left in the round and DeNatale gets Anderson’s right arm and submits him with an Arm Bar. DeNatale gets his first win and Anderson proves he can take a lot of punishment. Nice win by Agostino and some vicious leg and body kicks by the Bull set the second round up.
Agostino DeNatale submits Kyle Anderson by Arm Bar in Round 2, 4:00

Travis Gervais vs Justin Bloomer
R1. Two exchange in the middle and Gervais slams Bloomer to the cage. The two grapple on the ground and Gervais is in side control. Gervais gets full mount but Bloomer stands up and reverses the position and is in Gervais’ full guard. The two stand and Gervais send Bloomer on his back and gets a full mount again. Bloomer turns and gives up his back but Gervais cannot get the RNC. Gervais softens Bloomer up with some strikes and then is bucked off his back. Bloomer working for a single leg but Gervais outmuscles him. Full mount again and Gervais inflicts more punishment. Bloomer gives up his back and avoids another RNC attempt. Gervais dominates the round. Top MMA News scores the round 10-8 Gervais.

R2. Huge right high kick to start the round and its followed up with a flying knee that just misses by Gervais. Bloomer is still hurt from the high kick and hits the mat from Gervais’ momentum. Gervais lands some hard punches with Bloomer on his back and the ref steps in. Gervais wins his pro debut in impressive fashion.
Travis Gervais defeats Justin Bloomer by TKO (Ground ‘n Pound) in Round 2, 0:15

The Score announces that CFC will be broadcast on June 19th at noon.

A great night of fights.

TMN Fight of the Night – Quinn vs Delorme for a great two rounds of back and forth action.
TMN Submission of the Night – Dwight Sutherland for surviving repeated sub attempts for 4 minutes only to slap on his own for the win.
TMN Knockout of the Night – Travis Gervais for his head kick, GNP finish

56 Responses to “ CFC 5 Play By Play – Quick Win for El Dirte ”

1. Dan says:

way to comeback DWIGHT!!!!!

2. Tess says:

Peguis is PROUD!!!!!!

3. Dan says:

Lance should b done!!! RETIRE!!!!

4. Martin says:

Go Sean. I know his fight is getting ready to start. This is the only way I have to catch the fights. Wish I could have been there!

Thanks Keith for putting this up!

5. Dan says:

LOVE IT.. QUINN LOL.. DELORME BEAT U AU UR OWN GAME LOL!!!!!!!

6. Dan says:

WAMMA.. CURTIS BRIGHAM…!!! ENOGH SAID AGAIN!!!!

7. Tess says:

Quinn talked too much… Not on the same level.. BYE QUINN LOL…. Go and tend to ur farm…

8. Tess says:

BLACK A BITCH…. HAHAHAHA

9. Tess says:

LEGAL KICK.. BLACK GO MAKE MORE SHITTY MUSIC!! Cause u aint a warrior!! LOOOOSER!!

10. No problem Martin. Quinn looked good in the first. Rolly took it over in the second.

Tess… Take it easy. Quinn was nothing but respectful prior to the fight and lets not judge Black by the crowd reaction.

11. Delorme is a very complete fighter. WOW.

12. Dan says:

Can u blame black.. Was SCARED from the get go.. lol, Think he was waithing for any excuse to quit AND DID.. GO BUY PEREZ A BEER.. And 4 u black RETIRE LOL

13. Dan says:

Im sure we will hear quinn defend himself KEITH!! I would like to hear what he says since hes always on here!!! He must of felt he won the 1st round???

14. Tess says:

Would WEC or another promotion be calling for DELORME.. Does CFC have him locked up???

15. Tess says:

Or is DELORME still not there yet???

16. Dan says:

NO SURPRISE JOE… UCF AGAIN I SAY!!!!!!!!!!116…117

17. Dan says:

UFC. FOR JOE MY SPELLING BAD

18. Martin says:

Crowd throwing drinks at the cage? Wow.

I hate drunk crowds.

Sounds like overall a good night of fights that I’m sorry I miss even if two of my favorites lost.

19. Martin says:

I don’t take anything away from Delorme, he is an excellent fighter and obviously deserved this win.

Perez, well nothing needs to be said there. The guy is a well rounded fighter.

I know Sean and Robin and was cheering for them. I don’t think either one needs to retire. Just get back to work in the gym and carry on. I look forward to watching this event on The score.

20. Dan says:

Blacks 3-4 and quinns 4-4 as of sherdog.. So ya i think there not contenders!!!

21. Jason says:

Dan, I was shooting the event and I have to agree, Quinn did win the first round. Definitely have respect for Delorme for coming back in the second like he did. Great fight for sure!

22. joe says:

I wouldn’t use sherdog as a gage of anything as a lot of time their info is inaccurate. To all the fighters of last night, I salute you.

Thanks to everyone who came out. Thanks to Eric for giving me an opportunity to experience a great fight. thanks to CFC.

I fought hard. Maybe I’m not as tough as Dan and Tess, they coulda beat Eric, but I did my best.

I know this has been said (typed) to death, and I’ll try to be creative.

But people have to understand what it is to get in there and look across a cage, in front of 3000 people in your underwear, and see an animal staring back at you…. then decide to run towards that animal to fight it.

It is something else. Something you will never understand.

Hey, you’re the mma fans. By all means analyse and insult.

But please try to remember, we are real people with real families and real jobs and real FEELINGS who just put our SAFETY on the line to give you guys something to watch and talk about.

Even the smallest amount of respect would mean a lot to us.

24. CR says:

A great night of fights, not a bad fight on the card, except maybe the main event. Marchand was not in the same league as Joe. The only bad part was the a$$holes throwing beer cans in the cage! What IDIOTS! People in Winnipeg want to host a UFC or WEC fight? Do think if any of those promotions saw that they’d come here? Don’t think so.

25. Anabolic Mike says:

Dan you seem very negative, when is your next fight? As for Lance should retire. look at it this way he had the choke, had the arm, may have had the triangle. Skinner survived all that and came back to win! props to him. (note to Lance you put on a great show keep working hard you make us all proud) Dan now your comment on Robin. I for one before posting think, would I walk up to a person and say it to their face. Don’t shit on these fighters, it takes balls to step up and do this. your $40 or $60 don’t give you the right to come on the internet and have immmunity and say what you want. Hey Lance how many people walked up to you after the fight and said “Lance should b done!!! RETIRE!!!!” I’ll go out on a limb here and say none.
    Robin you are class and give all you got every time. You don’t always win but you would beat me, simply on you have the guts to step in front of all those people and throw down. I most definitly do not! so props to you better luck next time. beyond the cup throwing it was a great night and thank you to all that stepped up.

26. EricPerez says:

Id like to return the thank you to Robin for getting in there with me at CFC5.

At least Robin, Quinn, Lance and I have something to retire from. When we’re done fighting we actually have real gloves to hang up. Unless you say it to our faces keep it respectful or AT LEAST post your REAL NAME!

Id also like to thank the assholes who threw beers and shit in the cage last night. That might have blown our chance to get the fight on The Score when its aired. THANKS!

Hey Eric, thanks again.

The Score guys said it’ll be no problem, some quick cuts and it’ll be fine.

Hey man, thanks for giving me that opportunity. I wanted to fight you cuz of how much I love watching you fight. I’m sorry I went down hard. I wish I could have given you more. I did my best.

And sorry I couldn’t see you and curtis for beers after, but that damn doctor kept me at the hospital forever, even though I protested (politely).

Please set aside some time for beers with me at Shannon’s after the next CFC.

Thanks again man for giving me the chance to have this memory.

Actually pleasantly surprised I still have memory. :)

29. Dan, I am not sure if Quinn thinks he won the first round as I did not see him after his fight.

I, like Jason, think Quinn won the first round. Delorme weathered the first from the bottom position and came out in the second round looking like the fresher fighter.

I doubt Quinn does anything other than give credit to Roland for his victory. Quinn’s good people.

30. Thanks for commenting, Eric Perez and Robin Black. Very classy to come online and face your fans/detractors.

Tough enough to just get in the cage and fight.

31. Herk says:

Robin I was working the cage, and thought you came out fighting. You looked good until Eric landed a hard punch and I could see in your eyes you did not want to be there. I am not saying you are a bad fighter, just not on Eric’s level. you do alot for the fight game and you do well when you commentate fights and do the interviews. Dan you sound like a guy who was small nuts and gets on here to talk shit you can’t back!!! Good job by all the guys on the show and all the staff who worked it.

32. JayKay says:

I could kick Robin’s ass……….but I’d rather just cuddle with him. Besides, who’d want to kick such a cute ass anyways?

33. DAVE says:

robin black lol man i have never in my life seen a fighter that wears lipstick and spandex and braclettes lol oh wait that was 20 years ago,,, a muffin,,,oh wait the way you fight and get your ass kicked,,,guess the muffin part has not changed

34. DAVE says:

remember ambulance?????hospital???

35. Derek says:

Props to Coach Brigham and the WAMMA Team. The hard work of that team is showcased every card that I see them in. Win or loose (mostly wins) they are always classy and well prepared

36. DAVE says:

ambulance,,,hospital, ringing any bells like your bell gets alot????

37. DAVE says:

but i do have to say he has balls lol to keep getting into the octagon and get his ass kicked,,,hes not the most liked but thumbs up for the heart and effort of robin black

38. JayKay says:

Dave if you want to ask him out you should probably know he isn’t the ghey. I’d suggest perhaps checking out the local scene in your area. Dance clubs are a good start.

39. Jason Carignan says:

Congrads to all the fighters last night. In the cage No One really loses. Even if they end up on there back staring at the lights. They still were man enough to get in there. Toss there fists and take there hits. Great job everyone

jason

40. Jamie says:

Can someone explain why peeps were throwing beers?

41. sky101 says:

Wow that sounds like a crazy fights, Wish I was there

42. dferguson says:

What’s you record on sherdog Dan?

That sucks for quinn thought he had that one. he’ll be back 4-4 is nowhere near time to call it quits.
    i like beaking on the internet but this board is too much sometimes on these guys putting it on the line out there while u watch and dont even compete

43. Matt Quinn says:

Congrats to all the fighters last night and the CFC for putting on a great show.

I find it sad that instead of congratulating Eric and Roland some internet cock gobblers take credit away from them by bashing their opponents. Robin accepted a very tough fight with a Perez who is way more experienced and a huge favorite. Robin has a huge heart and never backed down. He accepted the loss like a man even with all the pathetic fucks giving him a hard time.

Sean is always exciting whenever he fights. He trains incredibly hard and has more passion for the sport than any dumb fuck that can bad mouth a fighter would ever know. He fought a great first round that IMO he won. He lost the fight to Roland who is on fire right now and a great fighter. How can you say anything negative about that. Sean will be back and he will earn his way to the top again.

If you really think that bashing fighters behind the protection of the internet is a worthwhile thing to do, you are fucking pathetic.

Big Rig

44. CF-SEA MONSTER says:

Perfect night of fights.

One of the best shots was when Black was on the stretcher clapping for Perez. I liked that.
    I was also impressed with the crowd. They reacted to the ground game very well. Winnipeg has a very educated MMA audience. It made the event that much more enjoyable.

Also at CFC4 we were picking our winners and Robin Black came by and picked his winners. He may not know this, but he did finish first that night out of about 7 of us.

45. Dan, you are a keyboard warrior.

Go to a gym and grow some nuts, and maybe one day you’ll have the courage to do what these people do.

Robin and Sean are both class acts, and not sure where you think you saw any trash talk? Quinn has nothing but respect for Rolly.

Dan, for somebody so clueless, you sure have a big mouth.

Too bad this event was so far away. It sounded entertaining.
    oh and guys:Don’t Feed teh Trollz…

47. Shawn Marchand says:

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out to the event. Thanks to Marc for having me on the show. Also Robin me and you are in the same boat. We both took very tough fights and came up short and the fights ended in ways we both didn’t want. But hey we could sit back and try to hand pick opponents like alot of other fighters do but instead we tried and stepped up. I appoligize to Joe for not making weight my last few fights have been at 195 catch and I tried to make 186 this time I had to worst weight cut in my life and even up until 5 min before the fight didn’t think I could do it. But I knew it was a dream to step into the cage against Joe Doerksen and I did lol I just don’t remember anything after the last left high kick. Robin Black you are a cool dude and i respect you for stepping into the cage as well as all the other fighters we do it for the love of the sport and the respect for each other not for the money. In this sport unlike a regular job having a bad day can have a real bad result we have to learn and take the good with the bad.

Thanks
    Shawn “Machine Gun” Marchand

48. I think it’s awesome that the fighters are coming and commenting here as well – real class acts! I give all these guys kudos for stepping in that cage, like they say in local Muay Thai here – there are no losers, everyone who steps in that cage is a winner!

49. Joe Doerksen says:

I feel sorry for the guy who has to come on here and talk shit about any fighter. He probably has no idea how good it feels to be a real man, and really live his life. It’s sad, really. I’m so glad i don’t have to live in that cold, dark place.

Huge respect to all my fellow athletes from Friday night. And thank you to all the fans who came to support us. Winnipeg is proving to be a great city for mma, both for fans and fighters.

I’d like to thank the CFC for giving me the chance to fight at home again. Also, thank you Mr. Marchand for taking the fight. I know how tough it can be to fight a hometown favorite in front of a hostile crowd. Not an easy task. I understand the result may have been disappointing, but you will have better days ahead of you. I wish you all the best in your future.

50. sniff says: