A Canadian Recap of TUF 9 UK vs USA – Episode 2
Episode 2 starts out with Dan Henderson being announced as the USA coach. What does Hendo want to do? “Beat the hell out of the UK guys!”
However, John-David Shackelford has a Herpes lesion on his forehead and has to leave the house. Christian Fulgium showed up overweight, passed out on the treadmill, could not make weight, and also had to leave before fighting. Replacements fighters will be named to replace these early exits.
A couple of notable points from the show:
- Mark Miller and Kevin Knabjian train together yet must fight each other to get into the house.
- Santino Defranco made TUF 2. During the doctor’s examination prior to the show, it was determined that Defranco had a brain aneurysm. Defranco had surgery for the condition and is now back on TUF 9. Nice story.
Mark Miller defeats Kevin Knabjian by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2
Richie Whitson submits Paul Bird by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1
Santino Defranco submits Waylon Lowe by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 0:45
Jason Pierce defeats Steve Berger by Unanimous Decision in Round 3
Cameron Dollar submits Tom Hayden by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2
Damarques Johnson defeats Ray Elbe by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1
- Junie Browning’s little brother Rob and Frank Lester are named as the two replacements.
- Jason Dent faces Rob Browning
- Kiel Reid faces Frank Lester