Cageplay Affliction Breakdown by Roland Delorme
Affliction: Day of Reckoning is coming up this Saturday, January 24. Once again, Cageplay is getting one of its Cageplayers to make predictions on our behalf.
For Affliction, Ultimate Cage Wars fighter and Cageplayer Rolly Delorme will be making the picks. Rolly was featured in a Cageplay article prior to his professional MMA debut last year. Rolly, who now has a 1-0 MMA record, had a respectable 57% successful prediction rate at Cageplay in 2008.
Cageplay would like to thank Rolly Delorme for having his predictions put on public display. Make sure you make your own picks at Cageplay.com for your chance to win the fantastic new MMA novel Blood in the Cage by Jon Wertheim or a really cool Sean Sherk MMA figurine from Round 5 MMA.
Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski
Fedor is going to wear down Arlovski with his heavy hands and knock him out. If Arlovski can keep moving and use his better boxings skills, he could win a decision. However, Arlovski does not have a good enough chin to go five rounds with Fedor.
- Rolly Delorme’s Pick: Fedor Emelianenko by KO
- Cageplay Readers’ Pick (so far): Fedor Emelianenko 77%
- SportsInteraction.com Odds: Fedor Emelianenko 1.25 to 1, Andrei Arlovski 3.50 to 1
Josh Barnett vs Gilbert Yvel
Josh Barnett is going to knock out his opponent, Gilbert Yvel. Barnett is going to make it a gritty, nasty fight. Barnett is always an exciting fighter.
- Rolly Delorme‘s Pick: Barnett by KO
- Cageplay Readers’ Pick (so far): Barnett 93%
- SportsInteraction.com Odds: Josh Barnett 1.16 to 1, Gilbert Yvel 4.50 to 1
Matt Lindland vs Vitor Belfort
Matt Lindland is a superior wrestler and he is going to out wrestle Vitor Belfort. Lindland’s strategy will frustrate Belfort and will break him mentally. Ultimately, Lindland will win this by decision.
- Rolly Delorme‘s Pick: Lindland by Decision
- Cageplay Readers’ Pick (so far): Lindland 52%
- SportsInteraction.com Odds: Matt Lindland 1.53 to 1, Vitor Belfort 2.37 to 1
Renato “Babalu” Sobral vs Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Babalu is the more experienced fighter and he will utilize that experience to survive the first round. Later in the match, Babalu will TKO a tired Sokoudjou.
- Rolly Delorme‘s Pick: Babalu by TKO
- Cageplay Readers’ Pick (so far): Babalu 78%
- SportsInteraction.com Odds: Renato “Babalu” Sobral 1.60 to 1, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou 2.20 to 1
Vladimir Matyushenko vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Rolly Delorme‘s Pick: Matyushenko by Decision
- Cageplay Readers’ Pick (so far): Little Nogueira 62%
- SportsInteraction.com Odds: Vladimir Matyushenko 2.10, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira 1.66
Paul Buentello vs Kiril Sidellnikov
- Rolly Delorme‘s Pick: Buentello by KO
- Cageplay Readers’ Pick (so far): Buentello 71%
- SportsInteraction.com Odds: No Line