FSC December 15 Results
Ontario’s Fight Spirit Championship held its first card on Saturday, December 15 which included a special appearance by UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva.
The FSC became only the second sanctioned professional MMA event in the province of Ontario. It is sanctioned under the Grand River Athletics Commission under the Iroquois Nation. This avoids the necessity of being sanctioned by the province’s Ontario Athletic Commission which considers MMA illegal under the Criminal Code.
The card included a six man tournament that was ultimately won by Stryder Davis who defeated Kenny Raught by TKO. The tournament featured fights consisting of single five minute rounds. At the conclusion of the round, the winner was determined by a decision.
In the main event, Anderson Silva’s student Andre Galvao defeated Mikey Gomez by Armbar.
6 Man Tournament (One Five Minute Round)
- Shawn David submitted Karlim Armstrong by Rear Naked Choke at 1:25
- Stephan Lemarche defeated Kenny Raught by Decision
- Stryder Davis defeats Shaun Krysa by TKO at 3:57
- Kenny Raught wins a draw to continue in tournament
- Kenny Raught defeats Shawn David by Decision
- Stryder Davis defeats Stephan Lemarche by Decision
- Stryder Davis defeats Kenny Raught by TKO at 4:27
Stryder Davis wins FSC Lightweight tournament
- Curtis Leckie defeats Dean Martins by TKO (Towel) at the end of Round 2
- Eduardo Pamplona submits Matt Knaub in Round 1
- Andre Galvao submits Mikey Gomez by Armbar in Round 1