Kimbo Slice to Face Ken Shamrock in EXC Main Event
EliteXC Vice President, Jared Shaw, has confirmed today that Ken Shamrock will be Kimbo Slice’s next opponent in EXC’s October 4th return to CBS. This bout is exactly what EXC required as it is a weaker opponent for Kimbo as Shamrock has lost his last 5 bouts and 7 of his last 8. However, Shamrock does have a marquee name that will draw much-needed viewers to CBS.
The Shamrock/Slice matchup solidifies the card which also features female MMA star Gina Carano and EXC Welterweight champion Jake Shields. The card currently appears as follows:
Elite XC on CBS III Card
- Kevin (Kimbo Slice) Ferguson vs. Ken Shamrock
- Champion Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley (for EliteXC welterweight title)
- Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold-Gavin
- Benji Radach vs. Murilo (Ninja) Rua
- Cristiane (Cyborg) Santos vs. Yoko Takahashi
- Mike Aina vs. Edson Berto
- One interesting note is that Ken Shamrock’s adoptive brother Frank Shamrock does colour commentary for CBS. The two do not speak to each other and there have been rumours that the two will fight in the coming years. What will the always colourful Frank say about Ken during the telecast?
- While Slice vs James Thompson is the most watched televised MMA fight (6.51 million viewers), Ken Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz III is the third most watched match on TV (5.89 million viewers). UFC 75 Rampage Jackson vs Dan Henderson (5.93 million) is second.
- While many claim Kimbo is ducking Bret Rogers, who called out Kimbo after the last event and Gina Carano is dodging Cristiane Cyborg, the reality is that EXC is saving these fights for a proposed Pay-Per-View in 2009.
- The real coward of the bunch appears to be KJ Noons, the EXC lightweight champ, who refuses to fight top contender Nick Diaz October 4 in a matchup with all the pre-fight buildup of a WWE wrestling match. Noons considers Diaz to not be worthy of a title fight at this time and will sit out this primetime TV slot.
Saxon Math 8/7 with Prealgebra (Kit: Text, Test/Worksheets, Solutions Manual)